Welcome to Student Disability Services
Student Disability Services (SDS) works to provide resources, support, and accommodations for all students with disabilities and works to remove physical and mitigate attitudinal barriers, which may prevent their full participation in the life of the university. SDS seeks to ensure that disability is included as a valued part of the institution’s diversity and that accessibility is priority.
Student Disability Services is responsible for:
- Establish and disseminate criteria for the use of disability services.
- Meet with students to discuss access needs.
- Receive, review and store confidential disability documentation to support a student’s eligibility for disability services and accommodations.
- Determine whether or not a student is a qualified individual with a disability under the ADAA 2008, and to determine whether or what accommodations are reasonable.
- Provide written notification of the accommodation determination.
- Safe guard and maintain confidentiality of the student’s disclosed disability unless given written consent from the student.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff regarding essential course and/or program requirements and appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Promote disability equity and inclusion on campus.
For general questions about accommodations for University classes, programs or activities, please contact us at: 773-702-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.