Welcome to Student Disability Services
Student Disability Services (SDS) works in collaboration with University of Chicago faculty and staff to provide resources, support, and accommodations to ensure that all aspects of student life are accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities.
Student Disability Services is responsible for:
- Establish and disseminate criteria for the use of disability services.
- Meet with students to discuss access needs.
- Receive, review and store confidential disability documentation to support a student’s eligibility for disability services and accommodations.
- Determine whether or not a student is a qualified individual with a disability under the ADAA 2008, and to determine whether or what accommodations are reasonable.
- Provide written notification of the accommodation determination.
- Safe guard and maintain confidentiality of the student’s disclosed disability unless given written consent from the student.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff regarding essential course and/or program requirements and appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Promote disability equity and inclusion on campus.
For general questions about accommodations for University classes, programs or activities, please contact us at: 773-702-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.