Requesting Accommodations for a Psychological Disability

Psychological/Psychiatric Disability

Process for Requesting Accommodations

A student who has been diagnosed with a psychological or psychiatric disorder who wishes to request academic accommodations based on the disability:

Required Forms & Documentation

Next Steps

All documentation should be sent via email, fax or postal services to Student Disability Services (SDS). A director or associate director will also meet with you, either in person or over the phone, after which an eligibility review will be conducted in consultation with medical/clinical experts. Student Disability Services will consider the requested accommodation(s) within the context of the University's academic program to determine what may be reasonable in each case. If necessary, SDS will consult with the Dean of Students and other pertinent faculty and staff to determine the essential requirements of a particular course.

Note: Student Disability Services and the Dean of Students are responsible for implementing accommodations in the College. In the graduate programs, the Dean of Students is responsible for their implementation.