Requesting Accommodations for a Learning Disability

Learning Disabilities and ADHD

Process for Requesting Accommodations
For students diagnosed with a learning disability or Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) who wish to request academic accommodations:

Required Documentation

  • Student Request Form
  • Neuropsychological or Psychoeducational Evaluation
  • Proof of College Board accommodations (if applicable), or proof of accommodations at prior university or college (for transfer and graduate students only)

Next Steps

All documentation should be sent via email, fax or postal services to Student Disability Services (SDS). A director or associate director will also meet with you, either in person or over the phone, after which an eligibility review will be conducted in consultation with medical/clinical experts. Student Disability Services will consider the requested accommodation(s) within the context of the University's academic program to determine what may be reasonable in each case. If necessary, SDS will consult with the Dean of Students and other pertinent faculty and staff to determine the essential requirements of a particular course.

Note: Student Disability Services and the Dean of Students are responsible for implementing accommodations in the College. In the graduate programs, the Dean of Students is responsible for their implementation.