Student Disability Services is responsible for:
- Establish and disseminate criteria for the use of disability services.
- Meet with students to discuss access needs.
- Receive, review and store confidential disability documentation to support a student’s eligibility for disability services and accommodations.
- Determine whether or not a student is a qualified individual with a disability under the ADAA 2008, and to determine whether or what accommodations are reasonable.
- Provide written notification of the accommodation determination.
- Safe guard and maintain confidentiality of the student’s disclosed disability unless given written consent from the student.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff regarding essential course and/or program requirements and appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Promote disability equity and inclusion on campus.
For general questions about accommodations for University classes, programs or activities, please contact us at: 773-702-6000, or email@example.com.