Construction activity will start the week of June 24, to modernize and repair the north and south elevators in Cobb Hall. The project work is scheduled to complete by Friday, Nov. 1, when both elevators are operational. Working hours for this project are 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The schedule to complete the work for each elevator is listed below.
Elevator #1: 8/5/19 – 9/20/19
Elevator #2: 9/23/19 – 11/1/19
Note: the modernization of elevator #2 will not start until elevator #1 is fully operational.
The building occupants and visitors can expect the following:
- Access between floors using the stairs will be maintained.
- Vehicles will be on site at times during construction working hours.
- Testing of each elevator will occur as repairs near completion.
- Signage will be in place at each floor during elevator repairs.
- If an elevator becomes non-operational, please contact the Facilities Services work center by calling 4-1414.
- If a person requires assistance with exiting the building at any time, please contact UCPD by calling 123 from a desk telephone or 773.702.8181.
Please direct questions to Kareem Cousar, project manager at firstname.lastname@example.org 412.855.3428, or Art Del Muro at email@example.com or 847.562.6730.
Thank you for your patience during this work.